Nicholas A. Pasternack
EHS Consultant, Quality Risk Solutions, LLC
June 2015 – Present
- Junior EHS consultant working with highly effective risk management and loss prevention techniques, focused on reducing business insurance costs.
Senior Machine Safety Consultant
G.W. Lisk Company, Inc
October 2014 – May 2015
- Senior machine & contractor safety liaison on behalf of a major multinational manufacturing corporation working with continuous improvement teams, construction representatives and manufacturing engineers to develop one piece flow production lines in an all new manufacturing facility.
- Senior safety consultant facilitating continuous team leadership, project administration and automation systems architecture development.
- Successfully completed two OSHA inspections of new and under construction facilities with no major findings of noncompliance.
- Successfully implemented one piece flow across three newly moved departments, thus reducing ergonomic stress and reducing part cycle times by 15%.
Industrial Hygienist Co-op
Tesla Motors, Inc
May 2014 – September 2014
- Apprentice industrial hygienist working with manufacturing engineering and continuous improvement teams developing new production processes for the construction of advanced plug in electric vehicles.
- Coordinated incident investigation and root cause analyses as they related to occupational health risks in the work environment.
- Administrated and implemented hearing & respiratory conservation programs including training, fit and baseline audiometric analyses.
- Administrated a radiation protection and dosimeter stewardship program including machine safety evaluations & production readiness buy-offs.
Machine & Production Safety Manager
Wyman Gordon Forgings, Inc
December 2013 – May 2014
- Safety engineer reporting to the site safety coordinator. Responsibilities included machine safety evaluations, machine guard and automation systems design, lock out tag out program design, training and implementation, task specific job hazard analyses and fall protection training.
- Coordinated the training and certification of 500+ employees in lock out tag out, fall protection, confined space entry (entry and permit writing), hazard communication (globally harmonized system) and powered industrial trucks.
- Developed and implemented an exceptionally effective, lean driven, safety management program focusing on proactive and continuous incident investigation & resolution protocols.
- Oversaw the continued development of site air and wastewater discharge programs.
- Implemented an incident investigation gemba program across two business units in a major manufacturing facility, reducing recordable and DART inidents by 20% in a single quarter.
Apprentice Machine Safety Engineer
Advanced Safety & Energy, Inc
April 2013 – September 2013
- Worked as an apprentice engineer designing machine guarding an automation systems with senior staff in 30+ customer facilities.
- Utilized the latest consensus standards to develop innovative, cost effective and highly versatile engineered solutions on behalf of our customers around the world.
EHS Engineering Co-op
Thermo Fisher Scientific
April 2012 – December 2012
- Developed JHA and JSA documents, an MSDS to SDS Globally Harmonized system transfer database as a fully automated system and Lock out Tag out documents for all machines in a 700 employee plastics manufacturing facility.
- Designed and implemented a safety gemba program, focused on proactive incident investigation techniques as well as weekly compliance auditing.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Rochester Institute of Technology – B.S in Environmental Health & Safety – 2015
- Rochester Institute of Technology – M.S in EHS Management – Expected May 2016
- Broad spectrum experience in the field of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Extensive technical knowledge in machine and automation systems safety, lock out tag out and automation systems architecture working with ANSI B11.1, Z10, Z244, NFPA 70E, 79 and OSHA 1910.147.
- A well rounded, experienced young professional, focused on developing lean, cost effective solutions for clients in all areas of their business portfolio, while building a proactive culture of safety and continuous improvement in the workplace.